Sunday, December 6, 2009

Celebration Cookies

Celebration Cookies
Courtesy of Anna Penrod


2 sticks butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. soda
4 tsp. baking powder
4 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat well. Add sour cream and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Roll on floured surface 1/2 inch thick. Cook on greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 14-17 minutes (I actually do 12-14 minutes).

The dough is pretty sticky. I just put flour on the counter and on the rolling pin. Then, the first time I roll a batch of dough out, I normally have some of it stick to the counter, so I have to scrap some of the cookies I "cut" and roll the dough back into a ball. Just a little more flour and it shouldn't stick much after that.

The trick for the frosting? Well, it's called extra milk. NOT MUCH. Just a smidge and the frosting becomes a WEE BIT runny. This keeps the frosting from getting real thick, but I don't like much frosting anyway, so it works for me. (And who cares what other people prefer because the less they like them, the less they eat. The less they eat, the more I get. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment